What kind of store bought sauce can i use for chicken parmesan? You can use pretty much any store bought spaghetti or marinara sauce for your homemade chicken parmesan. Traditional chicken parmesan uses a red sauce that uses crushed tomatoes for a base. I like to take a store bought sauce like Ragu, Preggo, or any store brand spaghetti sauce and then add some fresh garlic and other seasonings to take it up a notch.
Are you looking for the perfect store-bought sauce to elevate your chicken Parmesan? Well, you’re in luck! In this article, we’ll guide you through a variety of tomato-based sauces, including marinara, spicy Arrabbiata, and creamy Alfredo.
We’ll also explore cream-based sauces and vibrant pesto options. Whether you prefer a tangy kick or a rich and creamy flavor, we have the sauce that will make your chicken Parmesan truly unforgettable.
Get ready to satisfy your cravings and impress your taste buds!
- Tomato-based sauces, both homemade and store-bought, are popular options for chicken Parmesan, offering control over ingredients and flavors or convenience and a range of flavors.
- When choosing marinara sauce, look for rich tomato flavor, balanced herbs and spices, and a smooth texture that coats chicken evenly. High-quality ingredients like vine-ripened tomatoes and olive oil are important.
- Spicy or arrabbiata sauce can add a fiery kick to chicken Parmesan. Whether to use homemade or store-bought depends on personal preference and time available, with different brands offering mild to extra hot options.
- Store-bought Alfredo sauce (yes, I know it may seem weird), such as those from Classico, Bertolli, or Barilla, can add a rich and velvety texture to chicken Parmesan. Homemade Alfredo sauce is also an option, made with heavy cream, unsalted butter, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
What Kind of Store Bought Sauce Can I Use for Chicken Parmesan?
Traditionally, a tomato based sauce is used to make chicken parmesan just like you would use for spaghetti. You can use store bought sauce and add some of your own seasonings to it to take it up a notch.
You should try using a few tablespoons of tomato-based sauce for your chicken Parmesan.
When it comes to tomato-based sauces, you have the option of choosing between homemade and store-bought varieties. Homemade sauces can be a great choice if you have the time and desire to make your own from scratch. They allow you to control the ingredients and flavors to suit your taste preferences.
However, if you’re looking for convenience, there are plenty of quality store-bought options available. Different brands offer a range of flavors, from traditional to spicy or even infused with herbs and spices. Some popular choices for chicken Parmesan include Rao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce, Barilla Tomato & Basil Sauce, and Classico Tomato & Basil Sauce.
Experiment with different brands to find the one that best complements your chicken Parmesan dish.
Check out our Simple Chicken Parmesan Recipe.
To enhance the flavors of your chicken Parmesan, consider trying different brands of marinara sauces, such as Rao’s Homemade or Classico Tomato & Basil. Store bought marinara sauces can be a convenient option when you don’t have the time or ingredients to make your own from scratch.
Here are some considerations when choosing the best store bought marinara brands:
- Flavor: Look for a sauce that has a rich, tomatoey flavor with a balanced blend of herbs and spices.
- Consistency: The sauce should have a smooth and velvety texture that coats the chicken evenly.
- Quality Ingredients: Check the label for high-quality ingredients like vine-ripened tomatoes, olive oil, and fresh herbs.
While homemade marinara sauces can offer a more personalized touch, there are plenty of excellent store bought options available that can elevate your chicken Parmesan to new heights. Experiment with different brands to find the one that suits your taste preferences the best.
Spicy and Arrabbiata Sauces
If you’re looking for a fiery kick to your chicken Parmesan, consider using a spicy or arrabbiata sauce instead of a traditional marinara.
When it comes to choosing between homemade and store-bought arrabbiata sauce, it ultimately depends on your personal preference and available time.
Homemade arrabbiata sauce allows you to have full control over the ingredients and spice level, giving you a unique and tailored flavor.
On the other hand, store-bought arrabbiata sauce offers convenience and consistency, saving you time and effort in the kitchen.
Exploring different levels of spiciness in store-bought spicy sauces can be an exciting culinary adventure.
Some brands offer mild variations for those who prefer a subtle heat, while others provide extra hot options for the daredevils.
Ultimately, the choice between homemade and store-bought arrabbiata sauce boils down to your individual taste and the time to invest in your dish.
Traditional Chicken Parmesan Sauce Alternatives
There are a variety of other sauces that you can use to make a delicious chicken parmesan if you have an open mind. Here are some of those alternative sauces:
The creamy Alfredo sauces available at your local grocery store can be a delicious alternative to traditional chicken parmesan sauce. Not only are they convenient, but they also bring a rich and velvety texture to your meals.
I know it may seem weird to picture a chicken parmesan dinner with an alfredo sauce but it is quite good. In fact, Chicken Parmo (not Parmesan) is a common dish made in the UK with a breaded chicken breast (like the traditional chicken parmesan) but topped with a creamy bechamel sauce and melted cheddar cheese.
Here are a few best store-bought Alfredo sauce brands that you should consider:
- Classico Alfredo Sauce: This brand is known for its authentic Italian flavors and creamy consistency.
- Bertolli Alfredo Sauce: With its rich and indulgent taste, Bertolli is a popular choice among Alfredo sauce lovers.
- Barilla Creamy Alfredo Sauce: Barilla offers a smooth and velvety sauce that pairs perfectly with various pasta dishes.
You can enhance your pasta dishes by incorporating a creamy Alfredo sauce or trying out different cream-based sauces. When it comes to cream-based sauces, you have the option of making your own or buying them from the store. Homemade cream-based sauces can be a labor of love, allowing you to customize the flavors and ingredients to your liking. On the other hand, store-bought sauces offer convenience and a wide variety of options to choose from.
To enhance the flavor of cream-based sauces, you can experiment with different herbs and spices. Adding garlic, basil, or oregano can bring a burst of flavor to your sauce. A sprinkle of parmesan cheese or a dash of lemon juice can also elevate the taste.
Additionally, don’t be afraid to play around with different types of cream, such as heavy cream or half-and-half, to find the perfect balance of richness and creaminess.
There are many delicious pesto sauces available at the store, so you can easily find one that suits your taste preferences. Pesto is a versatile sauce that adds a burst of flavor to any dish, especially chicken parmesan.
Here are some different types of pesto sauces and their flavor profiles that you can consider:
- Traditional Pesto: Made with fresh basil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and olive oil, this classic pesto has a vibrant and herbaceous flavor.
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto: This variation combines sun-dried tomatoes, basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil for a rich and slightly tangy taste.
- Spinach Pesto: Perfect for those who want a milder flavor, spinach pesto is made with spinach, garlic, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, and olive oil, resulting in a smooth and earthy sauce.
No matter which pesto sauce you choose, it can be a great alternative to traditional chicken parmesan sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Barbecue Sauce Instead of Tomato-Based Sauce for Chicken Parmesan?
You might be wondering if you can use barbecue sauce instead of tomato-based sauce for chicken parmesan. While it may give the dish a unique flavor, other tomato-based options like marinara or tomato-basil sauce work best for authentic chicken parmesan.
Are There Any Store-Bought Sauces That Are Specifically Labeled for Chicken Parmesan?
You can find store-bought sauces labeled specifically for chicken parmesan. These sauces are designed to enhance the flavors of the dish. However, if you don’t have one, you can always use a tomato-based sauce and add your own seasonings.
Can I Use a Cream-Based Sauce Instead of Tomato-Based Sauce for Chicken Parmesan?
You can definitely use a cream-based sauce as an alternative to the traditional tomato-based sauce for chicken parmesan. It adds a rich and creamy flavor that pairs well with the crispy chicken and melted cheese.
What Are Some Common Ingredients in Spicy and Arrabbiata Sauces?
To make a homemade spicy sauce, common ingredients found in spicy and arrabbiata sauces include tomatoes, garlic, onions, chili flakes, and olive oil. These ingredients come together to create a flavorful and fiery sauce that pairs well with dishes like chicken parmesan.
Does Pesto Sauce Work Well With Chicken Parmesan?
For chicken parmesan, there are plenty of alternatives to pesto sauce that can enhance the flavor. Consider store-bought marinara or tomato-basil sauce, which pair well with the dish and give it a delicious Italian taste.
In conclusion, when it comes to choosing a store-bought sauce for chicken Parmesan, there are several options available.
Tomato-based sauces like marinara, arrabbiata, and even creamy alfredo can add a delicious flavor to your dish.
Cream-based sauces and pesto can also be great choices, offering a unique twist to the classic recipe.
Consider your preference for flavors and spice levels when making your selection.
Experiment with different sauces to find the perfect one that complements your chicken Parmesan.